Today’s Driver is actually a Driving School situated in Toronto, Downtown and East York. The basic business idea centers on serving communities of the Downtown Toronto, East York, North York and other parts of the GTA. They provide beginner driver education courses which is officially licensed by the Ministry of Transportation in Ontario
The Client wanted us to improve the following aspects of TodaysDriver.ca –
- Improve Search Engine visibility
- Increase Website Traffic
- Change the Look and Feel of the website
After primary analysis of the Client’s website we decided to focus on achieving the following Objectives + Goals –
- Bring the Keyword Rankings to Google.ca’s 1st Page
- Suggestions on preparing the Website to make it look more appealing
- Work on developing positive ROI for the Business.
Since this was a brand new site with no Search Engine Optimization was done previously, we took a good care to first complete the On-Page work and then take care of the initial branding. Once that was taken care off we moved on to the Off-Page work.
Our Time Frame was limited primarily because the Client was new to this SEO segment and improvement was to be shown on a month-on-month basis.
So here’s how we planned out our overall Strategy –
- Phase 1 – Develop and Improve the On-Page Elements.
- Phase 2 – Building Branding Authority.
- Phase 3 – Build Quality + Authoritative Backlinks to the Website.
We started working on the website from March, 2014. As you can see in the above screenshot we first worked on the On-Page SEO[1st Phase].
After seeing some movement we went for slow brand building[2nd Phase].
The Results started coming in as soon as we hit the [3rd Phase] where we started building high quality authoritative backlinks.
Below is a screenshot where we have shown a set of 10 Keywords – Ranking Report displaying the before and after situation:
The keywords highlighted in Blue were the Primary Keywords on which we gave more emphasis and the remaining ones were chosen to be Secondary Keywords.
The bold keywords were the Primary Keywords on which we gave more emphasis and the remaining ones were chosen to be Secondary Keywords.
Finally in the Month of July, 2014 nearly most of our Keywords had hit the 1st page of Google.ca while one or two showed signs of good improvement but in due time will be hitting our targets.
The Client was given a time target of 6-8 months but we were happy to achieve our primary objectives and goals within the 3-4 months time frame